Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On 07/11/2013 15:49, Broadback wrote:

Perhaps I am a Luddite, though I have been in computers for the last 45
years I will have to be dragged screaming before I join either facebook
and twitter, the security side of it scares the hell out of me.

I feel the same way. I want to participate in topic related discussions
without my real life identity or other aspects of my life being put on
public display. I participate in several online forums and my identity
is distinct in each of them with no overlap.

People should be able to ask and respond to gardening related questions
without giving away their entire life story to strangers in the process!

--
David in Normandy.