Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On 2013-11-07 14:27:30 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Jake" wrote in message
snip

We've enticed one lurker into the open. Any more out there? Please say
hello. We only really bite each other.

I lurk but I don't have experience and having read the comments in
this thread, it has been stated that people without experience are not
welcome, so I think it better I continue to lurk.

I haven't seen that statement but it's certainly not the case at all.
We've had lots of new gardeners coming to urg, often to ask one
question, then go away. But they rarely go empty-handed, so to speak!
One or two people can be a bit snarky with newcomers or those posting
through Gardenbanter but they're not the normal urgler, ime. I would
say that the majority of those of us who are left are on the helpful
and welcoming side, or so I would hope! It's often been stated here
that there's no such thing as a silly question but there may be a few
daft answers!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com