Old 07-11-2013, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On 07/11/2013 20:08, Jake wrote:

Essential requirement for a moderator is 5 mile thick skin.

I'm a moderator on a very large forum and yes, aside from diplomatic
skills rivalling those of an international diplomat, a thick skin
certainly helps! lol You also need to be a detective and have a keen
nose for detecting bullshit. I've been called every insult imaginable at
some time or other and even been threatened with physical harm. Another
good reason for keeping one's real life identity separate from forum
identities - that's the thing I dislike about facebook, its all
interconnected.
--
David in Normandy.