Old 08-11-2013, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Bad winter coming - Exacta weather

Copied from another group:
~~~

The Farmers Almanac this year predicts a hard winter.

I have my own indicators - a heavy crop of crab apples, of winter pears and
a heavy but very late crop of grapes on my vine, huge crop of conkers and
lots of beech mast (earlier in the year).

The darned squirrels have nearly cultivated my garden with their frenetic
burying of foodstuffs.

That's good enough for me – If the squirrels say it’s going to be ‘ard it’s
going to be ‘ard!.

~~~
I guess all we can do is wait and see

--