Old 08-11-2013, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Bad winter coming - Exacta weather

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 11:59:31 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:21:16 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 17:05:11 +0000, Ophelia wrote:

This came from a friend who runs a Transport business. Hope it will
be
of some use!

snip apocalypse

Mona Lot

lol long time since I've heard that

ITMA

Not that far back but it was certainly in use when I was growing up

I remember it from ITMA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_That_Man_Again

"I'm going down now sir" - Another diver catchphrase, which became
widely used in descending lifts during the era of ITMA popularity.[5]
"This is Funf speaking" - German spy, spoken by Jack Train.[4] This
became a popular telephone catchphrase.[7]
"I don't mind if I do" - Colonel Humphrey Chinstrap's catchphrase,
spoken by Jack Train, turning any remark into an offer of a drink.[4]
The origin of this catchphrase precedes ITMA, but was nevertheless
popularised by ITMA.[8]
"Can I do you now, Sir?" - Spoken by Dorothy Summers as Mrs Mopp the
office char.[4][9]
"I go, I come back" - Middle Eastern vendor, Ali Oop. Spoken by Jack
Train.[4][10]
"It's being so cheerful as keeps me going" - Mona Lott, a depressed
laundrywoman played by Joan Harben.[11]
"Good morning, nice day" - commercial traveller about to offer some
sales line.[12][13]
"After you, Claude - no, After you Cecil" - Moving men spoken by Jack
Train and Horace Percival[4][14] This phrase became used by RAF pilots
as they queued for attack.[15]
"I'll have to ask me Dad" - Mark Time (an elderly ditherer). This "was
a political phrase introduced into ITMA when post-war reconstruction
was looming.[16] It was spoken by a Jack Train character, Mark Time,
who responded to all questions with this phrase.[4]
"But I'm all right now" - Hattie Jacques' character Sophie Tuckshop,
after describing a long list of food she had eaten.[17]
"TTFN (Ta ta for now)" and "Can I Do You Now" - Spoken by Dorothy
Summers' character, Mrs Mopp.[4][18]

I remember hearing stuff like that but not directly from the programme.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/