Old 08-11-2013, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Is this it?

On 2013-11-07 17:48:39 +0000, Bill Grey said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
The wind is getting up quite a bit and the sky is very omnibus,
getting a darker grey by the minute. --
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
www.helpforheroes.org.uk

You wait ages for one storm, then two come together :-)

What a lovely Malapropism.

Bill

It's a Ray-ism. ;-) He always says that and it's passed into the
family dictionary and is now officially official!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

It makes for a more colourful life. I have one I just can't shake
off. A friend had a Sealyham Terrier, and as a joke I called it a
Selenium Terror, now I'm stuck with it.

Bill

;-) Sounds appropriate to me! My ex-husband (who was NOT into gardening
at all) once pronounced Cotoneaster exactly as it is spelt. That passed
into family folklore, too "shall we plant a cotton easter"?

That's the way my late mother always pronounced it