Old 09-11-2013, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On 2013-11-09 10:15:11 +0000, Roger Tonkin said:

In article ,
lid says...

I totally agree!!! I remember snow, but that was lovely too

One of my snow memories is of course sledging in the
recrationground behind our house. Steep hills and
trees at the bottom -Elf & Softy would have a fit
today!.

Mind you I do remember one incident where a friends
big brother did fail to stop and hit a tree, braeking
his leg. Great excitement was had by all as an
ambulance (never saw those much) actually came into
the park, drove across the hollowed football ground to
collect him. Dont remember much about him or the
accident, just the ambulance!

My parents house in Guernsey has a steeply sloping lawn and our first
winter there it snowed - extremely rare and unusual. I remember me and
friends hurtling down the lawn on tea trays, while my mother stood
their wringing her hands. Maybe she was worried about those trays!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com