Old 09-11-2013, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message

One of my snow memories is of course sledging in the
recrationground behind our house. Steep hills and
trees at the bottom -Elf & Softy would have a fit
today!.

We used to slide down the banks of a small frozen river behind our cottage
(we hoped it was very frozen) on sheets of cardboard. I did get my feet
wet once but no big drama Didn't never not 'ave no posh sledges!

Mind you I do remember one incident where a friends
big brother did fail to stop and hit a tree, braeking
his leg. Great excitement was had by all as an
ambulance (never saw those much) actually came into
the park, drove across the hollowed football ground to
collect him. Dont remember much about him or the
accident, just the ambulance!

lol all to do with priorities dontchaknow )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/