Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

In message , Ophelia
writes

On 2013-11-08 20:56:11 +0000, S Viemeister said:

On 11/8/2013 3:18 PM, sacha wrote:

Seems that way to me, too. In memory, every day was spent on the beach
with friends. We were rarely out of the water!

A cousin of mine (a primary teacher), says that remembering summers
that way, means that you had a happy childhood - you only remember the
sunny days.

No, no, it was all like that! Honest! ;-)) I wonder if anyone remembers
what they did on the rainy days, quite so clearly. I certainly don't.

I remember one or two really rainy days, running around holding a
giant rhubarb leaf over my head as an umbrella, splashing in puddles,
getting thoroughly soaked, and enjoying myself immensely.

No, I can't say I remember any of that! The days truly were long and
sunny I don't know if anyone agrees with me but we used to have
proper summers and winters.

We've been keeping monthly rainfall records for about 15 years now and
the average for each month closely correlates with the average for each
month up to 1956 (my wife studied geography and has a geographic atlas
published in that year). Wettest months are Oct and Nov closely followed
by August and July.
--
bert