Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 13:05:16 -0000, "Ophelia"

On 2013-11-09 09:27:20 +0000, Ophelia said:

"sacha" wrote in message
. While predictable weather would be lovely in many ways, when
I've experienced it over months, I just occasionally found myself
longing
for a day when it wasn't inevitably sunny but there'd be a good
English
downpour.

Oh how I missed that in India!!! I so know what you mean! Another
place we lived we never saw snow. Our first winter home and it
snowed, I was so entranced that I think I stood at that window nearly
all
day. Soon get used to it again though

We always get excited about snow here, too. It doesn't happen every year
and not always in large quantities. When that happens, it does lose its
charm quickly!

Oh yes! Especially when it starts to get sludgy and mucky!

There were several smashed cars in the usual places on the moorland
roads leading into Whitby this week when they had the first hard frost
of this autumn.

Oh dear We've been in N.Yorks but nothing yet.
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/