Old 09-11-2013, 11:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default 6 feet tall and these are the flowers - DSC_0001.aJPG (0/1) - DSC_0001a.jpg (1/1)

"joevan" wrote
This is very like a hybrid of the Tree Dahlia, Dahlia imperialis. Some clones grow to 6ft tall, others like the one I had grow to 20ft tall which meant that in the UK they never got to flower before the frost killed them. I got it to 18ft and with large flower buds one year, very frustrating. For those of you in a frost free climate these make a very stunning display plant and talking point.

http://www.strangewonderfulthings.com/105.htm

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup