Old 09-11-2013, 05:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Peek[_2_] Steve Peek[_2_] is offline

Default Mixed native species hedge

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 4:49:19 AM UTC-5, Ben Baldwin wrote:
Hi. Under my planning permission for an extension i have to plant a

mixed native species hedge. My question is what options do I have as the

hedge will be in full shade! Lots of the ones I like need partial shade.

I was thinking Hornbeam as they look like a nice bright green colour for

part of the year and a nice red colour in autumn winter. What could I

mix in with hornbeam? Would crab apple or blackthorn be any good or does

hornbeam look best on its own? Many thanks

--

Ben Baldwin

It's impossible to say without knowing where in the world you might be.