Old 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default At the risk of being unpopular

In article ,
Jake wrote:

My point is that there may be reasons to secure a system beyond
preventing access by others in the same household i.e. not just a case
of "other people you don't trust."

And my point is that, for home computers, using a login password
for such purposes is at best largely futile and usually indicates
a misunderstanding of computer security.

If I, as an IT expert, were to use and trust such a mechanism, I
would be showing a lamentable lack of professionalism.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.