Old 10-11-2013, 05:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default Mixed native species hedge

"Steve Peek" wrote in message
On Saturday, November 9, 2013 4:49:19 AM UTC-5, Ben Baldwin wrote:
Hi. Under my planning permission for an extension i have to plant a

mixed native species hedge. My question is what options do I have as the

hedge will be in full shade! Lots of the ones I like need partial shade.

I was thinking Hornbeam as they look like a nice bright green colour for

part of the year and a nice red colour in autumn winter. What could I

mix in with hornbeam? Would crab apple or blackthorn be any good or does

hornbeam look best on its own? Many thanks

--

Ben Baldwin

It's impossible to say without knowing where in the world you might be.

When I hit 'reply' to his post, my newsreader shows the following:
"Ben Baldwin" wrote in message

He's in the UK. Gardenbanter posters don't seem to realise that
gardenbanter is stealing our posts and putting them onto a UK based website
where none of us would ever have any dealings or ask questions or give any
advice.