Old 10-11-2013, 05:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Coated Seeds Question

In article ,
" wrote:

On Wednesday, November 6, 2013 4:13:31 PM UTC-5, Billy wrote:
In article ,

" wrote:

What is the deal with these things? I have a terrible time getting them

germinate. Is it me? I have tried soaking them, I have tried scoring
them. I

have tried just planting them. I can't tell you the number ratio of what

comes up but enough don't that I am asking the question.

MJ

Seed for what?

--

Palestinian Child Detained

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSzH38jYcg

Remember Rachel Corrie

http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.

Pepper and tomato most frequently

I wish I had an answer for you. The sales pitch for these coated seeds
is that either the coating protects, and promotes the plants, which you
say it didn't, or it is supposed to make the seed more amenable to
automatic planting systems.

I get at least 2/3 germination from new seeds, often more. Empirically,
it seems that you do worse. I would ask the company what's going on, if
I had any interest in continuing this effort.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

"Gardening is the purest of human pleasures."
- Francis Bacon