Old 10-11-2013, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

On 2013-11-09 09:32:36 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Derek" wrote in message

http://lincolnfuchsiasociety.info/

Ahh how is Lincoln these days? I miss it I used to live in Cherry
Willingham We had a nice garden there, not very big but it was the
first I'd ever had and I loved it

You know Ophelia I read this and thought of how much you've moved around
in your life and how little time you've had to establish a garden and how
badly you really do seem to want one.

Ahh you know me so well

I may be terribly
wrong but it seems to me that this makes you tentative in a gardening
group. Please don't be. In fact, you're bringing a unique perspective to
this group that nobody else has. Your wish to create a garden is there,
wherever you settle down. If you're still on the move and can have a
window box or a couple of containers, you're gardening. Growing stuff is
gardening. That stuff may be a lettuce you cultivate for a matter of weeks
in a compost bag, or a tree you live with and watch for 30 years in your
forever garden. ALL of it is gardening. So just go ahead and garden your
way and please, talk about it if you'd like to. Your experience is quite
different to that of most of us and its very interesting.

Hmm I think you may be alone there. I am not too sure anyone would be
interested in the wee things I do) Let me explain my limitations. I
run an aerogarden (hydroponic) all year round. I usually grow wee tomatoes
because Himself likes to pick them off like sweeties) I grow them outside
in a big pot in a basket in the summer too. Since we stayed in UK and
bought the caravan to move around with his consultancy work (he does like
his home cooked food), wherever we have been for any time I used to be
known on the sites as the plant lady LOL. Me of all people LOL

On the front of the caravan (is it the A frame?) and around it. I've had
big pots of whatever I can manage in season. I have indeed grown lettuce
and herbs and sometimes courgettes, just stuff like that, just stuff I can
transport easily when he moves to the next job.

Thank you for your kindness but I think I would bore the pants of the
serious gardeners here. BUT I can read and dream - and I do. I have high
hopes of persuading him to retire this year, so then watch me go))) I
think at this stage it will be just container gardening but at last I will
be able to pick and choose more easily what I can grow. I suppose atm the
only serious gardening I do is cleanup and trying to keep our garden looking
tidy for the short periods we are home. I have tried to plant things in it
but I usually miss when they are ready and they are just a mess when I get
home. If you notice my questions here are usually based on things like the
best ground cover and maintenance type stuff. Anything that makes it
easier for the times I am home and doing cleanup.

So, until then, I will continue to read avidly but in the background)

Thank you again. Your thoughts are much appreciated.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/