Old 10-11-2013, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default At the risk of being unpopular

"David Hill" wrote in message

You under rate the value of your experience.
How many tin#mes over the years have we been asked about plants for
troughs, baskets, tubs some wanting summer colour some winter show, others
again wanting to grow fruit or veg in containers.
How different are you to the person who lives in a 4th floor flat and
wants a window box or who has a 6ft by 3ft balcony and wants to grow
something?
You have faced problems that most of us have never experienced, so don't
under value your knowledge.

You are very kind David but even with my experiences, I know there are
others here with far more knowledge In my case, no special knowledge, and
in fact more a case of 'stick 'em in and see if they grow' lol. Sometimes
I have been lucky and others not. For example I sewed some courgettes
Summer before last and I got plenty of wee fruits and then ... nothing
they just withered and dropped off Now that was in the middle of a
field, so what happened to the insects I do not know or even if it was
something I did(( I've never had such a spectacular failure with
anything That tends to knock ones confidence

Thank you for your vote of support though It is very much appreciated)

O lurking and learning ... so that when the big day comes ....

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/