Old 14-11-2013, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tahiri[_2_] Tahiri[_2_] is offline

Default Well that's the end of the Dahlias

It is an age old dilemma how and when to lift dahlia tubers, it's almost
like how and when to prune roses.

A very full, comprehensive, and helpful post.
Thanks

I will second that comment and thanks. I am just wondering what to do with
my first ever dahlia. (Bishop of Auckland) It is in a dry sheltered spot
near the house and I was toying with the idea of leaving it in the ground.
How much wet will they stand over winter? (I am a few miles north of Bodnant
Gardens in North Wales)
T.