Old 14-11-2013, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default any prevailing opinion on EM?

Wondering what the group thinks of EM (effective micro-organisms). If
you don't know what this is, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Effective_microorganism. EM is typically used in Bokashi composting, but
also in horticulture and disaster cleanup. It is used by the leading
Dutch Acer producers (Esveld, Van der Maat) and seems to be gaining a lot
of traction in Holland generally. For Acers it is acknowledged generally
to be the best tool against bacterial wilt in young plants.

Like many things, there's a lot of hooey to go along with the science,
and it isn't always to differentiate.

I don't use EM but I might give it a try on young plants.

What do you think?

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy