Old 14-11-2013, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Well that's the end of the Dahlias

On 2013-11-13 20:54:00 +0000, Roger Tonkin said:

In article ,
says...

Perhaps this is another for a resurrected FAQ?

Sorry if it has been asked before. Not in my time on
the urg, which is why I asked it. Only one real reply
so far!

That makes me think that possibly there is quite a
turnover of lurkers/infrequent posters, so that such
questions will be repeated. May be I should have
googled first!

Not at all, Roger. I was thinking only that it must be an annual
problem for Dahlia lovers, wherever they live and depending on where
they live. We don't lift ours and - touching wood - most seem to
survive. But we're in the comparatively balmy, if wet, south west. Ray
will probably chuck an extra layer of mulch over them. So that's why I
thought of the FAQ because it is an annual dilemma and because it will
probably be qualified by where people live. So it could be useful in
the FAQ.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com