Old 14-11-2013, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default any prevailing opinion on EM?

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:11:26 +0000, Charlie Pridham wrote:

I am trialing "Rootgrow" to soon to give you a yay or nay, but it is
expensive so the results will need to be noticeable

After several years of trials I use Rootgrow systematically now. I have
had very good results both in pots and in establishing plants in the
ground. Particularly in pots where I use an almost soil free substrate
(mostly pine bark and coco chips) plants with Rootgrow show really good
roots. By all appearances it works very well in the ground too.

However, Rootgrow has little to do with EM, which as I understand it is
largely bacterial. Rootgrow is mycorrhizal fungi which are symbiotic
with some plants. I believe the science, although relatively new, is
very well established.

I'll be interested to hear if your results with Rootgrow are the same as
mine.

As it happens I took shipment on 5 kg of Rootgrow yesterday. I was very
impressed, they sent this heavy package by overnight delivery, at the
regular postal cost... they must have taken a loss on the shipping,
though I can only imagine that the margins on the product itself (given
its cost) are pretty good!

-E
--
Gardening in Lower Normandy