Old 14-11-2013, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default any prevailing opinion on EM?

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:34:51 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

On 14/11/2013 12:06, Emery Davis wrote:
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:56:31 +0000, Martin Brown wrote:

[] []but is
applied as a foliar (and bare bark in winter) spray.

Why spraying anaerobic bacteria at a tree should be expected to do them
any good is a mystery to me. Botulism is a fairly common anaerobe too.

I think the idea is that it gets into fractures in the bark and healing
graft unions. Sudden graft failure isn't always fully understood but
there does seem to be a bacterial component.

[]

Having looked at your link more carefully I am inclined to think
quackery.

Agreed, it is difficult to separate the chaff and there are certainly
some claims that border on it. But the conclusion seems somewhat quickly
arrived at...

[]
Another highly questionable treatment being exported out of Holland.

Heh, the Dutch are nothing if not good businessmen!

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy