Old 14-11-2013, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default any prevailing opinion on EM?

On 14/11/2013 17:53, David Hill wrote:
On 14/11/2013 17:19, Spider wrote:
On 14/11/2013 10:01, Emery Davis wrote:
Wondering what the group thinks of EM (effective micro-organisms). If
you don't know what this is, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Effective_microorganism. EM is typically used in Bokashi composting,
but
also in horticulture and disaster cleanup. It is used by the leading
Dutch Acer producers (Esveld, Van der Maat) and seems to be gaining a
lot
of traction in Holland generally. For Acers it is acknowledged
generally
to be the best tool against bacterial wilt in young plants.

Like many things, there's a lot of hooey to go along with the science,
and it isn't always to differentiate.

I don't use EM but I might give it a try on young plants.

What do you think?

I know little or nothing about it, but found this 'review' (for want of
a better name) on Youtube. You may find it interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rZSNB8UAsQ

I know nothing about EM what ever that is.
Your link gave ma an article about a Japanese warship, well all I know
about Nipon is it's good for getting rid of ants, but I doubt you would
want a warship to do that.
Google gave me some info but it reminds me of the old idea of spraying
your plants with sour milk.
David

Forgive me, David, but I think you may have confused my link with
Emery's original link, which was about a Japanese warship.
I've just clicked on my youtube link and it does refer to EM. Have
another go.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London