Old 15-11-2013, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default End of the allotments

In article ,
says...

'Road_Hog[_2_ Wrote:
;995263']
Yep, you beat me to it. If the owner had done the right thing and said I
want it back, you can have it another season, to give you time to grow
anything planted, harvest and replant somewhere else, I don't think he
would have been repaid with the same kindness.

I don't think they were looking for that. 24 hours would have done.

Squatting has been a crime in Scotland for over a century. In Scotland
squatters can be evicted without notice and without a court order.

NO landowner is going to give up that valuable legal protection by
telling squatters " OK you can just stay till tomorrow / whichever day
suits you", IOW giving them permission to occupy.

Janet.