Old 17-11-2013, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default snap dragons still snapping

On Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:05:03 PM UTC-8, Hench wrote:

Hench wrote:

On 11/15/2013 4:19 PM, Gus Overton wrote:

It was 25 degrees couple days ago, but plants are still green and 5

flowers on a couple. Tomato plants have given up the ghost, but

snap dragons are still hanging tough. Is that normal? btw, my

sister showed me why they have that name. Asked 3 or 4

other relatives, and none of them knew either till she showed them.

25 is pretty hot. I would have thought they would thrive on that

temp. They usually do well over 15 degrees in our garden. I find

they wilt once you reach 30 degrees or the middle of July heat.

I wonder if you two are talking about degrees C, degrees F or one of

each.......

I use the Cecilius system. Maybe the OP is using the F system. I don't

know anything about that system. Is 25 in the F system hot?

I thought 25 Cecilius was good for snap dragons.

That's how they lost Mars Climate Orbiter. One side was using English and the other was using metric. Unforgivable! Who the hell was watching the store!

http://www.space.com/news/mco_report-b_991110.html

HB