Old 17-11-2013, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default snap dragons still snapping

"David Hare-Scott" writes:

Hench wrote:
Hench wrote:
On 11/15/2013 4:19 PM, Gus Overton wrote:
It was 25 degrees couple days ago, but plants are still green and 5
flowers on a couple. Tomato plants have given up the ghost, but
snap dragons are still hanging tough. Is that normal? btw, my
sister showed me why they have that name. Asked 3 or 4
other relatives, and none of them knew either till she showed them.

25 is pretty hot. I would have thought they would thrive on that
temp. They usually do well over 15 degrees in our garden. I find
they wilt once you reach 30 degrees or the middle of July heat.

I wonder if you two are talking about degrees C, degrees F or one of
each.......

I use the Cecilius system. Maybe the OP is using the F system. I
don't know anything about that system. Is 25 in the F system hot?

It's below freezing which is 32 degrees F. You need to allow for
those primitives who don't know about Celcius or you are in fact
typing past each other.

I thought 25 Cecilius was good for snap dragons.

probably

If you type into Google:

25c in f

Google returns 77F.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that 25F would be no good for any plant.

Pretty sure I learned about squeezing a snap dragon to make it open
and close before age 10.

That's 10 years.

--
Dan Espen