Old 17-11-2013, 05:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus Overton Gus Overton is offline

Default snap dragons still snapping

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:21:10 AM UTC-5, Higgs Boson wrote:

Many years ago the US made a half-assed attempt to join the metric world. Road signs were po$ted with mile$ and kilometer$. Of course people took the easy way out and the experiment faded away.

OZ did the right thing; went cold turkey overnight. The adults seem to have managed to survive with metric, and the kids never knew anything else.

I have always understood that the US pays a trade penalty with the rest of the (metric) world for labeling in English.

Maybe this has been remedied. Anybody know?
HB

mechanics have to have two sets of tools. I remember the metric road signs, but don't remember seeing one in years... Oddly, 10K races are popular in the US.