Old 18-11-2013, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default snap dragons still snapping

Hench said:

I use the Cecilius system. Maybe the OP is using the F system. I don't
know anything about that system. Is 25 in the F system hot?

25 F is below the freezing point of water (=32 deg F).

For the USA-ans:
0 C = freezing point of water
10 C = chilly
20 C = pleasant room temperature
30 C = on the warm side
40 C = too damn hot ("normal" body temperature is ~37 C)
50 C = hellishly hot (I've only experienced it in an environmental chamber)
100 C = boiling point of water

I remember reading a story once where the a boy visiting the US from
France (?) was sure he was going to die soon when the family he was
staying with measured his temperature as 99 degrees. (They were
speaking F and he was thinking C.)

I thought 25 Cecilius was good for snap dragons.

Yes, pretty good.

As half-hardy perennials, they will struggle on through some pretty cold
weather before giving up the ghost. In my area some *might* survive a
much warmer than average winter. (Same goes for one of my favorite
bedding plants, Salvia farinacea 'Victoria')

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored