Old 18-11-2013, 07:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default snap dragons still snapping

Gus Overton wrote:
It was 25 degrees couple days ago, but plants are still green and 5 flowers on a couple. Tomato plants have given up the ghost, but snap dragons are still hanging tough. Is that normal?

btw, my sister showed me why they have that name. Asked 3 or 4 other relatives, and none of them knew either till she showed them.

Snapdragons can take quite a bit of freezing weather. 25°F is probably
pushing it, but maybe not if it doesn't stay there too long.

I was surprised how long the petunias lasted this year; they still
looked good after getting frosted a half dozen times. (gone now)

Bob