Old 19-11-2013, 01:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RustyHinge RustyHinge is offline

Default Owls

On 2013-11-16 20:33:44 +0000, David Hill said:

Sacha,
I don't know where else you posted this, but my owls have found out
about it and spent a very happy(for them) few minutes this morning
just after 5am giving me a very frequent and loud wake up call.
I'm sure they thought it a hoot, I didn't.

I hope they didn't read the above, then! I posted something about it in
the bird group, so I'm afraid it's got into the avian equivalent of the
News of the World! We do enjoy hearing them, though not always at 4am,
I must admit.

Only on Thursday I was having a conversation with an eagle owl.

He lives in the back room of an antique shop, and sometimes, when a
customer is old enough to be mistaken for stock, he or she is lurking in
a dusty corner behind the aspidistra, the person is treated to a
conversation of

W°°ooOowww W°°ooOowww
W°°ooOowww W°°ooOowww
w°°ooOowww w°°ooOowww
W°°ooOowww W°°ooOowww,

with both participants moving their heads sideways on (along) their
shoulders.

Should you fail to do this, the conversation either is one-sided, or ceases.

It is important to remember this when speaking to an owl.

--
Rusty Hinge