Old 19-11-2013, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default End of the allotments

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
"kay" wrote in message ...

In England, the rule applies, or at least 'did' apply, that if you
claim a
piece of land and use it and it is not challenged within seven years,
it's 'yours'. Perhaps the same rule applies North of the Border and the
land owner had to put his mark on the land.

Mike

I live in Wales, and as I understand it you can claim a piece of land if
you have had "undisturbed usage" for a period of 13 years ( I'm open to
correction of course)

Bill

yes, that's true but if your new neighbour decides to fight against it
will be not easy.
My new neighbours have proved to be more than difficult about sharing a
drop kerb and they did some kind of blackmail stuff about it. Like let us
put up a huge wall, 3 feet in front of your kitchen window.. I said no and
got my car blocked in.
too bad for them, I had to spend a whole lot of money for a drop kerb
(£1400) but the moment one of those cars blocks it, it's either me or the
police.
They'd probably prefer the police, tbh :-) I've lost my niceness with
them.
It's sad, we would could have been friends before they tried all sorts of
things, like trying to make me sign away some of my land to them. I think
not! I said I'd run it past my solicitor which scared them off.
I loathe them.

Tweed

Let's hope commonsense prevails, but from what you say it may snow in hell
first.

Bill