Old 19-11-2013, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes - thank you.

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who helpfully recommended
potato varieties very early this year.

I grew Charlotte and a first early - good, plentiful clean crop. Good
flavour.
I also grew Estima and Kestrel as Second Earlies. I did really well
with Kestrel and enjoyed them. With Estima, I planted fewer and
therefore got fewer but they were good quality and good eaters, too.

I even gave a few spare Kestrel tubers to a friend, who enjoyed theirs,
too. I think they may have cropped theirs a bit too early, though, so
didn't get as many as I did.

So thanks very much from me and my friend.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London