Old 20-11-2013, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Ugni molinae

On 2013-11-20 15:45:10 +0000, Nick Maclaren said:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Ray has just brough in a jar filled with the berries from this shrub,
related to the guava. I took off the lid and a powerful scent of
strawberries filled the room. I felt quite like Queen Victoria for a
moment, though without the lace cap and diamonds! (t is said these
fruits made her favourite jam)

I didn't know that, so looked it up and got very interested, but I
doubt that it would survive here :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

It's been through some tough times here but we did lose one in that
very cold winter 3 years ago. Do they grow it at the Botanic Gardens?
(used to be Myrtus ugni)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com