Old 20-11-2013, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Potatoes - thank you.

On 20/11/2013 17:49, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Derek Turner" wrote
Spider wrote:

So thanks very much from me and my friend.

Next year try Pink Fir Apple

They are a Marmite potato, you either love them or hate them.

Oh dear. Perhaps I'd better try some shop bought ones before I grow
any. I'll ask RG if he's ever tried any in a restaurant - he used to be
bought lots of lovely lunches when he was working.

Wife hates
the taste so we don't grow any. The haulms are huge and flop over
anything nearby so they need more space between rows than normal spuds,
strange hairy rots too.

Those strange hairy rots sound a bit worrying ;~)). No doubt I'll learn
to cope with them.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London