Old 21-11-2013, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default yippee rain!

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:46:34 AM UTC-8, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/17/2013 8:21 PM, David E. Ross wrote:

Last week a couple of solid falls now overnight 104 mm. This is after 3

months without one fall more than a spit. I may get some fresh goodies from

the garden for Xmas after all. The pasture has greened-up, the horses are

smiling....

Where are you? Can you send some rain towards southern California?

Until 10 October, we went 155 days without measurable rain. That is NOT

unusual. Sometimes, we go over 200 days.

Since 10 October, we have had 0.06 inches (1.5 mm). The most recent was

4 November, with 0.03 inches (0.8 mm).

Hooray. Last night, we got 0.38 inches (9.7 mm).

However, our accumulation for the current rain year (October to

September) is about half of this date last year; and last year was a

very dry year.

On the other side of the mountain, at the beach, maybe we got about that or a tad more. Still way below "normal", pre-global warming.

HB