Old 21-11-2013, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default yippee rain!

In article ,
songbird wrote:

David E. Ross wrote:
Hooray. Last night, we got 0.38 inches (9.7 mm).

However, our accumulation for the current rain year (October to
September) is about half of this date last year; and last year was a
very dry year.

from what i've read (tree ring studies):

the longer term record seems to show that the past 100
years was much wetter than the previous 1900 years. that
we may just be seeing a return to the norm.

if so, yikes for people over there...

songbird

Yeah, they may need to stop washing their cars with garden hoses,
filling swimming pools, and close golf courses for lack of water from
the Colorado River, and Northern California. Such a tragedy.

The up-side is that we could have water for salmon, and farmers.
--
Remember Rachel Corrie
http://www.rachelcorrie.org/

Welcome to the New America.