Old 22-11-2013, 08:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default yippee rain!

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
John McGaw wrote:
Last week a couple of solid falls now overnight 104 mm. This is
after 3 months without one fall more than a spit. I may get some
fresh goodies from the garden for Xmas after all. The pasture has
greened-up, the horses are smiling....

Sometimes it seems as if it just oscillates between fire and flood
with intervening droughts, doesn't it?

Yes, its a hard land even without ENSO swings, this last mini-drought was
just another random fluctuation.

As the rains were coming we got a nice lightning storm. The tree on the
hill 200m south coped a strike and my computer's power supply (despite
surge protection) and the fuses on my sewerage plant went. As well we had
to get the house transformer fuses fixed too and the rural fire service to
put out the fire the strike started. It could have been worse, some
people lost most of their appliances (from other strikes).

Bugger! None of that sounds like fun. We had a powerful storm last night
and last power for 3 hours just on dinner time. Lucky for us the toilet
operates on gravity feed from a tank on the hill and we have lots of camping
equipment so I brought in a bucket of water and we were right till the power
came back on.

These events seem to have become more regular.