Old 22-11-2013, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Ugni molinae

On 22/11/2013 09:39, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 15:27:22 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Ray has just brough in a jar filled with the berries from this shrub,
related to the guava. I took off the lid and a powerful scent of
strawberries filled the room. I felt quite like Queen Victoria for a
moment, though without the lace cap and diamonds! (t is said these
fruits made her favourite jam)

It's a laxative

Steve

That makes sense.
My paternal grand mother and great aunt both liver to past 100.
They used to soak senna pods over night and take that every day, and
also had their daily glass of Guinness
They were doing something right.