Old 25-11-2013, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grafting holly

On 24/11/2013 22:43, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Anyone succeeded in grafting a female plant onto a male plant?

We have a large (10 metres) male holly in the front garden. Although an
attractive shape, being male it has no berries. I was wondering about the
possibility of grafting some branches from female on it, in the hope of
obtaining a few branches with berries.

--

Jeff

Never done it myself but have heard that its possible from two separate
sources.

Just wondering if Jeff is sure his tree is a male variety; or could it
just be just a virgin female beyond reach of a suitor:-)

Janet

LoL!

No, it's a rampant male if all the hollies around smothered with berries
are anything to go by!

--

Jeff