Old 25-11-2013, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Wet Gromore

On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:12:58 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

On 24/11/2013 17:03, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 24 Nov 2013 14:56:55 +0000 (GMT),
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
I have found in my garage a cardboard box of Gromore which has turned
wet; no wet in my garage; it must have absorbed damp from the
atmosphere.
What can I do with it. Can it go on the (small) compost bin, be
scattered round the garden, or dumped?
Luckily it's in a carrier bag; box too wet to pick up.
My garden is very small and currently an overgrown mess. No bare soil
to scatter it on!
Asvice please.

Scatter it, insofar as you can. Provided that it is not in TOO
large lumps or on top of green foliage, don't worry about it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

+1. Try and break it up into as small lumps as reasonably possible.
Perhaps bring it indoors and put it in a warm place to dry out a bit
first.

I'd dry it out, then in the spring break it up (Jump on it it hit it
with a hammer if needed then use it on the garden.
If you spread it on the ground now any goodness will wash out over the
winter.
David

thanks for advice guys!

Pam in Bristol