Old 25-11-2013, 01:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Shredder capacitor

Tom Gardner wrote:

Have you considered a £3.30 "screw remover" such as this
http://www.screwfix.com/p/screw-extr...iece-set/18643

Drill pilot hole in screw head, then screw in these
left-handed until tight, and then just continue.

No doubt similar things are widely available elsewhere.

I know of these.

I was able to remove one of the ordinary screws in the
symmetrical location and found it to be a pan head self tapper
about 20 mm long, with a head roughly 7 mm dia.

I'm not sure screw extractors of this type would have enough
metal to get a grip on. It is also interesting that a significant
proportion of the reviews rated it 1 star, not recommended.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.