Old 26-11-2013, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default yippee rain!

"John McGaw" wrote in message
John McGaw wrote:
snip...

You must be up the hill a bit. Anywhere near Nimmitabel? Numbugga
perhaps?

Nah, mate. About half way between Intercourse and Blue Ball as the
common blackbird flies... ;-)

Now you will have people thinking I made up those names.

I knew that Numbugga was for real, having run across it before, and I
figured that Nimmatabel must be (a booming metropolis of 200+ as I see
now) since, who could make such a thing up. Of course Intercourse and Blue
Ball are real too and are just about 10km from each other by road. Your
two towns are much further.

Maybe I'll get a chance to visit them both some day. Hope so anyway.

PS: it was only recently that the source of Nullarbor finally hit me so I
might be a bit slow.

LOL. Would I be right in thinking that you might not like doing cryptic
crosswords???

Nullarbor has always sounded to me like it should be a crossword clue
(cryptic or otherwise) but I guess it's no help that we don't pronounce it
the way it should be done. Saying what sounds like Nulla Bore makes it
sound like an Aboriginal word rather than like Latin.