Old 27-11-2013, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wendy Tinley Wendy Tinley is offline

Default Twitter OT

On 27/11/2013 09:34, David Rance wrote:
On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 Bob Hobden wrote:

I'm not contradicting what Sacha said - there *are* little gems but they
are so few and far between that I personally find it a waste of time to
trawl through the masses of tweets. So, Bob, you're not alone!

Enjoyment of Twitter depends entirely on what you wish to get out of it.

Many a time I have learnt that something major is happening in the
World, minutes, and sometimes hours, before the BBC reports the facts.
Before anyone reminds me, I am aware that the BBC needs to verify for
accuracy before reporting... but even so - sometimes the length of time
is quite staggering.

Searching for the hashtage '#yourword' is vital to ensure you see what
you want to see (as long as the tweeter uses it of course).

Don't give in - learn a bit more about it and you might discover a new
world out there.

End of sermon.

--
Wendy Tinley