Old 28-11-2013, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help with watering

On 11/27/2013 3:40 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/27/2013 2:00 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 3:49:01 PM UTC-8, David Hare-Scott wrote:
SteveB wrote:

I live in a basically high desert community of 3500' elevation. We

get our ag water for $100 a year.

!!!! What are you complaining about ???!! Count your blessing! I pay nearly that much per MONTH, including charge for sewers. (So Calif coastal). Am considering giving up growing vegs; too damn expensive.

HB

[...]

I pay an average of $143.71 per MONTH for water. That is just slightly
less than the combined monthly average cost of gas, electricity, and
phone. The water is used by a household of only two people: my wife and
me. Our landscaped area plus the footprint of our house plus paved
areas total less than 0.2 acre (about 800 m2). No swimming pool or
fountains.

Oh! My water bill does NOT include sewage fees. Sewage is added as a
service charge to my property tax bill: $501.60 per year. As a service
charge, this is unrelated to the assessed value; every single-family
house pays the same. This arrangement is because the water service
covers only a small part of the sanitation district; the rest of the
district receives water from other agencies unrelated to sewage.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see