Old 28-11-2013, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Default welcome robins not Magpies on bird feeder

Broadback wrote:

I would like to exclude magpies from eating food I put out primarily
for my resident robin and the floor of my bird feeder which has a
roof, the type that imitates a house with no walls. I thought if I
fixed battens vertically between the roof and base at a distance to
allow robins access but not the larger magpies. Would it be practical
and how large should the gaps be between the battens?

You could put some 2" chicken-wire around it - and it might be an
easier solution.

--
Chris