Old 28-11-2013, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default spot touch-on weedkillers - recommendations?

On 28/11/2013 09:54, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:11:24 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 27/11/2013 19:12, Chris Hogg wrote:

You're probably thinking of this:
http://www.roundup-garden.com/roundup-gel

No. It was a broadleaf specific formulation of 24-D in wax that would
kill weeds and not harm the grass at all.

Something like this perhaps, although the one I remember was in a
plastic 'extruder', rather like an giant lipstick.
http://tinyurl.com/ktckhzs

Or Pritt with weedkiller in.

I find that a 12" screwdriver is the best way to spot weed an
established lawn of dandelions. Very satisfying to get the entire carrot
root out in one go.

I do a dose of weed and feed in spring most years, but I carefully avoid
killing any nice low growing grassland pasture weeds that have
established themselves in the lawn. I don't want a bowling green.
(part of my front lawn is at an angle close to 1:3)

--
Regards,
Martin Brown