Old 28-11-2013, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wendy Tinley Wendy Tinley is offline

Default Twitter OT

On 27/11/2013 18:17, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Enjoyment of Twitter depends entirely on what you wish to get out of it.

Many a time I have learnt that something major is happening in the
World,

In this context, the discussion is whether tweets have any relevance
to gardening discussion here on urg.

Not, twitter as a platform for world news, business advertisers, or
personal promotion by horticultural professionals and businesses.

Janet.

Hi Janet,

With your thoughts in mind, I searched Twitter for tweets with
#gardeninghelp.

Agreed, not much (yet) but this 30 second search did find people seeking
helpful information about gardening. I've put the latest six below and
apologies for any profanities below. A 50:50 split between seekers of
information and advertisers.

Roberto Cea ‏@studiocea 2 Nov
Hi @GardeningAus - is this young Aust Frangipani looking too 'sparse' or
is it normal growth habit? #GardeningHelp pic.twitter.com/j5VfaUcr7t

Jennifer Silvestri ‏@Jenn_Silvestri 5 Sep
These *******s are eating my rose tree. Any tips on what to do?
#gardeninghelp #eatingmyroses
http://instagram.com/p/d4sEIvIPzd/

Garden Escape ‏@gardenescape 5 Aug
Unsure what to do in your garden this week? http://ow.ly/nD4aH
#gardeninghelp

CarusoLandscaping ‏@Caruso_Lawn 30 Jul
@kevin_lawton here's the help that you need to grow a luminous rose
bush! http://bit.ly/1586UrH #GardeningHelp

Garden Escape ‏@gardenescape 30 Jul
Need some #summer #gardeninghelp ? Your question might already be
answered! http://ow.ly/npvyt

Bob - Stoats ‏@StoatsBob 27 Jul
Mushrooms are growing on my lawn! Anyone know why or how to stop them
growing again? #gardeninghelp pic.twitter.com/kJXuK6qWo5

All the best,

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield