Old 28-11-2013, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Twitter OT

On 2013-11-27 10:38:20 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013 23:06:45 -0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

Considering the numbers that use them it must be me, what am I missing
with this Social Media?

IMHO an awful lot of mindless chatter. There might be the odd grain
of gold but the vast majority is just rubbish.

Is it really important that the rector has finished the Sunday
morning service? I guess it might be if he tweets quickly and the pub
is a few minutes walk from the church, you can get a drink in before
the rush. B-) But then the service will always end about the same
time so you don't need the tweet to know when the rush is going to
happen, you do need a mind though...

I thought the idea was to look at blogs. Some/most bloggers Tweet or are
on Facebook because social media is a very important part of advertising
and pr these days. But Twitter and Facebook aren't the sum of what
these garden enthusiasts or experts write about. For example, the highly
respected designer, Tom Hoblyn is on both but also has a very good blog:
http://thomashoblyn.com/about/blog

You don't have to be on social media sites to read blogs.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

A Club I belong to has a "closed group" on Facebook. This, at first
seemed to be a good idea, but then one member has decided to flood the
group with irrelevant nonsence and spoiled the group.

Bill

The 'admin' could put a stop to that. --

There have been several hints dropped but it's like water off a duck's back.
No one would want to offend the chap so it's easier not to use the page.

Bill