Old 28-11-2013, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Killing moss and lichen on and between paviours

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 19:01:58 -0000, "Tahiri"
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a suitable product to do this, the pavioured area
is quite large.

Common salt will kill moss.

Steve

Hmm...Many years ago I scattered some ordinary cooking salt onto the
concrete path around our previous house to melt ice. The concrete in
those areas then degraded quite seriously over the next few years.

--

Chris

What does it do to tarmac? We have too much moss on the drive.

We use road salt on our tarmac drive on the odd occasion that it is
needed in the winter and it does not seem to have had any ill effects
as yet. To remove moss from it we use bleach, again as recommended by
Cormaic.
--
rbel