Old 29-11-2013, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default Killing moss and lichen on and between paviours

On 29/11/2013 13:51, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:21:27 -0000, Janet wrote:

In article ,
says...

Hmm...Many years ago I scattered some ordinary cooking salt onto the
concrete path around our previous house to melt ice. The concrete in
those areas then degraded quite seriously over the next few years.

I've had the same experience on the back door steps and shan't use
salt again.

Janet

It has never caused a problem when I've used it. Perhaps it's because
I swill it off after a few hours.

Which could lead to problems if the temperature remains below freezing!
--
Phil Cook